Who we are
Scout Branding is a highly-concentrated branding, advertising, design, digital, and media company located in Birmingham, AL. Small on wasted resources and time. Big on ideas that build relationships between people and brands. We are: Straightforward. Creative. Hardworking. Nice. Strategic. Smart. Energetic. Fun. Focused. Flexible.
How we work
Scout Branding is a small team that enjoys collaborating with each other as much as possible and having fun. There are consistently several projects running at once and each has a mix of deliverables and requirements. We value a low pressure environment and approach work with a healthy pace. There’s no micro-management here—we trust that you will see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed. We use Google Chat, Slack, and email for the majority of our daily communication.
What we do
Scout Branding builds websites for small and large organizations. We maintain relationships and provide ongoing support and hosting for many of our clients. Most of the work we do is centered around WordPress. Our goal is always to create accessible, secure, performant and well-designed web experiences. We enjoy working with clients to find the right strategic answer rather than just any answer.
- Approach projects with a strategic, forward-thinking mindset.
- Perform project discoveries and provide time and budget estimates.
- Communicate technical and non-technical approaches.
- Implement and troubleshoot build tools and processes.
- Prioritize accessibility, security and performance.
- Hybrid work schedule. Scout Branding is located in Birmingham, AL (Central time).
- A generous company holiday schedule, including the week between Christmas and New Years.
- A healthy amount of personal time off.
- Fully paid Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance premiums. Dental included.
- Paid time off for parental leave.
- Equipment needed to work in comfort.
- A warm culture that appreciates YOU.
We are very interested in talking to anyone who would like to hear more and thinks they may enjoy working at Scout Branding.
- You are enthusiastic about web development and new technologies.
- You are familiar with Git and possibly other version control systems.
- You can set up local and production environments. For example: Vagrant, Apache, NGINX, LAMP/LEMP, etc.
- You have experience with Roots Sage, Bedrock and Trellis.
- You have knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- You are flexible and have an independent and structured way of working.
- You have experience with remote work, self-motivation and online communication.
- You have analytical skills and a creative and solution-oriented way of thinking and working.
- You have communication skills with colleagues and customers from the technical and non-technical field.
- Submit a letter of interest to [email protected] that outlines your qualifications for this position.
- A resume or C.V. is welcome if you’d like, though not required.
- A portfolio of your recent work is a big plus.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions about the position, the process or Scout Branding.
Scout Branding values diversity in all of its forms and is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment. We especially encourage women, black, indigenous and people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and individuals with disabilities to apply.